Colgate Dental Floss

on Tuesday 13 August 2013
I'd like to think that everyone brushes their teeth AT LEAST twice a day, not only when they wake up or before they sleep, for there is nothing worse than someone talking to you or breathing in your face having bad breath.

Colgate released some ad's for their dental floss and I'm sure someone has shown them to you making fun of Colgate's photoshop skills like look at how many fingers the lady in this ad has (-->)
or where did that other hand come from (bottom ad)?

The thing is everyone loves seeing others make mistakes, It's just the way to feel like we are not the only ones screwing up. Y&R in Brazil released these ad's knowing
that the photoshop mistakes are there.
Here's the catch, Colgate sold and sold and sold !
The fact is everyone notices the food left over on the teeth of these two men, but when later on realizing the photoshop disasters they can't help but stare, and stare allowing the ad to enter their brains forever (not exactly, but you would be staring without noticing that you are taking your time doing so therefore grabbing your attention)! Not only that, don't forget word of mouth !! After seeing this for the first time wouldn't you want to show it to your family and friends!

Now that is one smart ad !

Another ad Colgate went through is the next few ones that show vegetables sitting around or playing golf with the slogan 'There are places your toothpick/finger/tongue will never reach.'
Even though the figures used in these ad's are not human we can still relate to them. How many times have you tried removing a piece of onion stuck between your teeth. OH see that finger below the light ! There you go, the use of the word "finger" in the first ad.


One of the things I hate the most about eating corn is the time I spend trying to remove the bits and pieces from between my teeth.
I feel bad for that poor tongue that is holding the golf bats for Mr. Corn. I know how he feels.
See just like that the ad made me relate to it without me realising it.




The last one is the broccoli.  I have to admit I rarely eat broccoli but when I do I do not like the fact that the little green heads get stuck in my teeth!
I think you got the point, and I will let you find the toothpick on your own.





For more information about the photoshop disaster ad's please read: http://www.brandingmagazine.com/2012/07/17/colgates-photoshop-disasters-sell-dental-floss/
http://www.exposureguide.com/inspiration/colgates-dental-floss-ad-campaign/

Enjoy,
-Sandra



0 comments:

Post a Comment